Have a question about running your charity or community organisation during or after COVID-19? Manaaki can help and it’s 100% free! Simply head over the Manaaki, click ‘Sign In’, then ask your question. As well as business experts, there’s community advisers with lots of experience who can help answer your questions. Click on the photo to get started:
Listen to Hui E! on ManaakiCheck out our Pou Kaiārahi, Rochelle Stewart-Allen, chatting with Stephen McIvor from Manaaki about:
- how our community sector is fundamental to Aotearoa’s wellbeing and our economy
- most people are surprised to hear the size of our sector – we’re contributing $12b to NZ’s economy ($8billion in costs + $4billion in volunteering labour)
- we have 115,000 community groups in New Zealand, 89% of which don’t employ staff
- there are more than 27,000 registered charities, a large percent of which have income of less than $2m
- a large percent of small to medium charities struggle to get their good work stories heard
- the impact COVID-19 has had on our community sector and what is needed going forward.