GRANT WRITING SUPPORT FOR YOUR COMMUNITY GROUP
We can match your community group with a skilled volunteer to help write your first grant application.
Community groups come in many forms, but most of them are small grassroots groups, led by locals ready and willing to respond to the immediate needs of their communities. Many community groups need funding support but either doesn’t have the time or ability to write their own grants.
This is where Hui E! can help. Our Hoa Pūtea / Grant Writing Support kaupapa pairs small-sized community groups with skilled volunteer grant writers.
What we offer small-sized* community groups
- A matching service to help find you a suitable and skilled volunteer grant writer – it’s free
- A volunteer grant writer to help draft one funding application for your community group (primarily for Government funding and Community Trusts for an amount between $5,000-$50,000)
*We define “small community groups” as those in Tier 4 with revenue under $140,000 or fully voluntary run.
What we don’t offer
- We can’t offer an ongoing volunteer grant writer to help you. Your grant writer is available to write one funding application for your group only.
- We don’t offer a project or service design service. You must come with your project already decided and ready to explain to the grant writer.
- We can’t offer any funding from Hui E!
We will help you
Hui E!’s Kaiwhakahaere Kaupapa (Project Manager) Sakhr Munassar is here to help you if you have questions about your funding application or work with the grant writer. Just get in touch via email!
You can volunteer too
We are always on the lookout for volunteers. Volunteers allow us to continue providing Grant Writing Support to community groups in need. If you have the skills and experience, we’d love to hear from you.
We’ve had really good feedback!
“I want to convey my deepest gratitude to Hui E! for gifting us a writer at a time when we needed them the most. I probably wouldn’t have applied for that fund as it would have fallen in the too hard basket when our families needed us the most, and we were stretched beyond capacity.”
”We had a tight timeframe to work within, our writer coordinated the process and time management magnificently. Communication was clear and precise, articulating exactly what information they would need for the application. They displayed an expert knowledge of the mental health sector, the application process, and easily grasped what we were proposing. They pitched the application in a way that emphasised the fit between our proposed programme and the purpose the funds were being offered for. I am confident that they have given us the best possible chance to secure funding for our project. Once again thank you for facilitating this service”
”We have received a grant of $20,000.00. I take this opportunity on behalf of our Association to thank you & Hui E! for supporting us ,as you are the person who sent the required details of this fund to me.”