There is a wealth of free research, resources and toolkits for kaimahi in the tangata whenua, community and voluntary sector to use in their work. Here’s a selection of the best from both Hui E! and our partners.
Free services & support
- Community Accounting Aotearoa, a free service for community groups that need support and advice on finances
Toolkits & Guides
- Webinar Toolkit: Planning an online webinar, Hui E! Community Aotearoa, July 2020
- How To Talk About guides, including publications on climate change, COVID-19, systems change, transport mode shift, crime and justice and child wellbeing, The Workshop
- An online hub of resources designed to strengthen organisations and communities, Community Net Aotearoa, includes everything from guides to running an AGM to well-being when working from home
- Community Comms Collective resources, free guides and templates focused on marketing and communications for community organisations
- 2020 State of the Sector Report ComVoices
- Social Service System: The funding gap and how to bridge it, research funded jointly by social service providers and philanthropic organisations, 2019
- Community Sector Model and Framework for Sustainable Funding and Accountability within Communities, Community Sector Taskforce, 2007
- Mahi Aroha – Māori Perspectives on Volunteering and Cultural Obligations, Office for the Community and Voluntary Sector Tari mō te Rāngai ā-Hapori, ā-Tūao, 2007
Other useful resources
- Making Disability Rights Real / Whakatūturu Ngā Tika Hauātanga, Human Rights Commission | Info and reporting on disability rights in Aotearoa New Zealand
- Volunteering New Zealand | Research on the volunteer sector including statistics
- Community Research | A comprehensive and free collection of lived experience, research, knowledge and resources for a fairer and more equitable Aotearoa. A hub for researchers, iwi and community organisations to share their ideas, and practice.
- Community-led development resources from Inspiring Communities
- Not for Profit Resource is an independent resource for charities and not for profits
- Digital stuff we love is a resource hub from NZ Navigator Trust with digital resources that support a thriving charitable and community sector in Aotearoa New Zealand.
- Te Reo Hāpai, a te reo Māori glossary for the mental health, addiction and disability sector