Become a part of our formal network, Mema Whanaungatanga, and work with us to achieve positive change for the tangata whenua, community and voluntary sector.
Who can join?
Mema Whanaungatanga is open to all charitable trusts, incorporated societies, charitable organisations, informal community groups and individuals.
How much does it cost?
It’s free, though like many of the organisations we work with, we’re funded by donations. If you’d like to make a donation, please click here.
- Be a sector champion – join a community of like-minded individuals and help build a collective voice for the Tangata Whenua, community and voluntary sector
- Be included – contribute to advocacy on shared interests and causes as part of Hui E!’s work
- Have a voice – guide Hui E!’s priorities and hear about relevant opportunities from government, philanthropy and business
- Get access – attend our invite-only networking events, workshops and seminars both online and offline; stay updated on community sector news through our regular pānui
- Nominate – nominate and vote for new Hui E! board members as vacancies occur
- Discounts – obtain specific discounts available for the Hui E! network.
Want to find out more about Hui E!?
Go to the About Us page to find out more about our work, our history and our values.
“Hui E does peak body best, through strong leadership, professionalism, it is cohesive and clear and measured. It is not asking for things that are unrealistic, it is asking for things that are achievable in current policy settings. They are pitched right in terms of advocacy.”Evaluation 2021
Want to find out more about the Network?
The organisations and individuals in our network, currently about 120, are varied and diverse. We have members from all over the motu that work in arts and culture, health, education, social services, environment, youth and international development.
Most of our members run small community organisations or groups – more than half of our network members run Tier 3 or Tier 4 charities, which means they have operating expenses of under $2 million a year. Some are 100 percent run by volunteers.
Some of our member organisations
- African Communities Council Wellington
- Atamira Platform
- Auckland Women’s Centre
- Bellyful New Zealand
- Cats Protection League Canterbury
- Challenge 2000
- Community Networks Wellington
- Digital Equity Coalition Aotearoa
- Earth Action Trust
- Glass Ceiling Arts Collective
- H.O.P.E Worldwide Pakistan
- Healthcare Plus
- Inspiring Communities
- Interpreting New Zealand
- La Leche League New Zealand
- ME Family Services
- New Zealand Chinese Association Inc
- Ngā Pou Mana Tangata Whenua Allied Health
- Parents for Climate Aotearoa
- Peace Movement Aotearoa
- Philanthropy New Zealand
- Student Volunteer Army
- Supporters of Tiritiri Matangi
- Sustainability Trust
- Te Awa Pounamu Charitable Trust
- Te Houtaewa Māori Community Trust
- Te Kupenga Whakaoti Mahi Patunga (National Network of Family Violence Services)
- Te Muka Rau
- Volunteer South
- Volunteering Canterbury
- Volunteering New Zealand
- Whenua Iti Outdoors