International Day of Persons with Disabilities & the November Auckland Sector Hui
Celebrate International Day of Persons with Disabilities on the 3rd of December!
2015’s theme is “Inclusion matters: access and empowerment for people of all abilities”
There are also three sub-themes for IDPD 2015:
- Making cities inclusive and accessible for all
- Improving disability data and statistics
- Including persons with invisible disabilities in society and development
Click here for background info.
Thank you to those that came to the Auckland Sector Hui this month, and thanks to Yvonne Powley, Ezekiel Robson, Vicki Terrell and Mireille Vreeburg for their fantastic presentations.
Disability Sector Links:
- UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities
- Human rights approach, social model of disability, emphasis on inclusion, participation, co-design with individual disabled people.
- Disabled Persons Organisations
- Parent & Carer Groups
- Government Ministries and Public Agencies
- Consumer Advocacy, Support Providers