Hui E! Community Aotearoa invites Wellington community groups to be part of a free 9-week programme to help build their organisation’s strength and resilience. Starting in early July 2022, four community groups will be supported by Ignite Consultants – a tertiary student-led consultancy. A team of 4-5 consultants will work alongside your community group to identify areas for growth, manage a particular project or develop a strategic plan* (see below what that may include).
Note: this kaupapa is currently only available to a small number of organisations in the Wellington region. We will prioritise small to medium-sized community organisations and will notify you at the end of the month whether you’ve been successful.
If you prefer to answer the questions below in a video recording, please let us know so we can accommodate as best we can.
Not a part of our network yet? Sign up to get access to exclusive Mema Whanaungatanga benefits and more.
*Support may include one or more of the following:
Project management support:
- 2 x 1-hour phone calls with staff and/or Board members to define possible projects.
- Scoping one project for funding up to $15,000, or for organisations with proven capability and track-record, up to $50,000 (can cover funding for project costs and/or operational costs) .
- Developing a two-page project plan, with project milestones and risks associated with one project and its implementation.
- Pointing to online project management learning opportunities to further internal capabilities.
Strategic Planning support:
- Developing a one-page strategic plan.
- 1 or 2-hour virtual strategic planning session with staff/volunteers/Board members.
- Advising on how to deliver a strategic plan at an operational level.
- Reviewing / refining or updating an existing strategic plan.
- Performing strategic analysis to identify areas of improvement.
There may be additional support consultants can provide, for example in the areas of grant writing, design and marketing.
The programme will run from 4 July 2022 for 9 weeks in Te Whanganui-a-Tara | Wellington and will involve a first in-person meeting with consultants and weekly or fortnightly check-ins.