Hui E! Communtiy Aotearoa champions the community sector for a fair and just Aotearoa. Tā Hui ē! Community Aotearoa he whakatairanga i ō tātou hapori, kia tika mō te katoa, kia tōtika a Aotearoa.
We do this through:
- Te Whakakaha: strengthening the collective voice of the Sector to build a stronger Aotearoa/New Zealand.
- Te Hāngai: applying Te Tirīti o Waitangi in the context of the Sector’s work and its contribution to charitable outcomes across Aotearoa.
- Te Whakatairanga: engaging the Sector as a whole and enhancing its independence and relevance.
- Te Āwhina: assisting communities to work collectively to progress their own aspirations and well-being, environmental, social, cultural, economic.
- Te Whakawhanaungatanga: creating opportunities for the Sector to connect and learn from each other.
- Te Whakanui: promoting the unique characteristics and impact of the Sector.
- Te Tautoko: supporting strategic advocacy and leadership development within and on behalf of the Sector to enhance charitable outcomes within Aotearoa.
- Te Tautoko: supporting Maori self-determination/Tino Rangatiratanga, especially within the sector.
- Te Whakapuawai: developing the capacity of the Sector to succeed through meeting shared needs, supporting innovation, and participating in civic affairs.
We are committed to apply the following principles:
- Te Tirīti o Waitangi must be visible and real in our community and our nation and embedded within our organisation, using a Treaty relationships framework
- The community sector is an essential contributor to beneficial outcomes in our society
- As a linked and responsive organisation we are listening, acting, communicating, always engaged in dialogue with the sector, able to move quickly in response to new issues and always with full transparency.