Hui E! Monthly Pānui – Here-turi-kōkā/ August 2017
Venue: Community Hub, level 4, 120 Featherston St, Wellington (entrance on Waring Taylor St)
1. Jan Logie, Green Party Spokesperson for Local Government (including Civil Defence), Rainbow Issues, Social Development (including Women, Community and Voluntary Sector), State Services.
Jan is one of a series of political party spokespeople that Hui E! has invited to speak, and present their party’s policies, in the run-up to the September election.
2. John Stansfield, Unitec will involve everyone present in the next stage of the research project on the quality of performance of Funders, and development of a rating system for how well they work with community organisations.
3. Rosalind McIntosh, United Nations Association of NZ will give us an update with progress on the Sustainable Development Goals
1) Natasha Weight, General Manager, DIA Charities Services. Natasha has moved into the GM role following DIA’s shift of Lesa Kalapu, who had worked so hard at improving the relationship of Charities Services with the sector, into another role in the Department. We welcome Natasha, and also welcome the opportunity to discuss her plans for Charities Services. Natasha will be accompanied by other Charities Services lead staff – Stephen Reilly and Julia Fletcher.
2. Ronja Ievers has started with Hui E!, picking up some of Dave Henderson’s work, and is also working for United Nations Association of NZ.
Further Wellington hui on Thursdays – September (date to be confirmed), 12 October, 9 November and 7 December. Guest Speakers are being arranged – If you have suggestions please send these to email@example.com
Auckland Events are planned for 27 September and 27 November. All are 10am to midday.
Venue: Waikowhai Room, Fickling Centre, 546 Mount Albert Rd, Three Kings, Auckland 1042
Guest Speakers are being arranged – If you have suggestions please send these to firstname.lastname@example.org.